Wedding Series: #2 - Legal Wedding, Bridemaids Gifts & Cake Tasting




I know most people get legally married at the time of their wedding ceremony but Caleb and I decided to do this a little early. With him being in the Navy and us having to move right after the wedding, it just made sense for us to already be married so that we had time to do all the paperwork for them to move me with him. So, on October 24th, 2018 (the same day my parents got legally married back in '88) we went down to the courthouse, got married, and I became Jessica Lemos Tester. It was pretty exciting but I felt like it wouldn't really feel real until the ceremony, which I was still planning!

After getting our wedding venue, it was time to start looking for all the other vendors. I didn't really film this part because it was just a whole lot of searching the internet. As I mentioned in my last post, I mainly used The Knot to find vendors in my area. I looked at their work and then began many conversations through email or phone, where vendors and I discussed what I was looking for, what they offered, and, most importantly, how much it would cost. During this process, I was able to hire a rental company (my outdoor venue didn't provide any furniture), a DJ, florist, videographer, and photographer. Having all the big vendors booked was a huge relief, and I then felt like I could focus on the smaller things.

So, next up was the cake! Caleb and I decided we wanted to have cupcakes because it's just easier for guests to grab, instead of having to wait for someone to cut and serve a slice of cake. We did, however, get a small cake as well for the cake cutting. I discovered Gigi's Cupcakes at the Virginia Wedding & Bridal Expo that we attended and I set up a cake tasting. You guys can see how that went in the video below. I also shared the cute gifts I got for my bridesmaids from PetalandPaperie on Etsy!




Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel:
www.youtube.com/jessslemos


No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram