Wedding Series: #1 - Finding Our Venue




After getting engaged, the first thing I started looking into were venues. I feel like you can't really plan much else without knowing where you're getting married. That'll matter for so many things, like whether or not you'll need to rent furniture and a tent, whether you'll need to hire a catering company or if they'll already provide it. Also, every vendor you talk to always asks where the wedding is taking place. So, I definitely recommend doing this first. I searched for venues in many places but the website I found most helpful was The Knot. That's where I ended up doing all of my planning. Not only do they have a ton of vendors to search from but they also have an amazing checklist that, honestly, helped me stay sane throughout the whole planning process.

Anyway, below I have included the video of our hunt for the perfect venue for our wedding in Virginia. I had an idea of what I wanted but I was pretty flexible. The main thing I wanted was a place with lots of natural light. So, I found a few places online, then emailed or called them and set up some appointments to go see them in person. Watch the video to see how it went!




The venue we went with is called The Oyster Farm at Kings Creek and is located in Cape Charles, VA. I'll be doing a more in depth video on all our vendors at the end of the series, so stay tuned!


Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel:
www.youtube.com/jessslemos



No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram