Holiday Gift Guide 2014





Hi everyone! So since my personal November/Christmas wishlist is pretty much a combination of things from previous wishlists that I just ended up never getting, I thought it would be better to put together a Holiday gift guide to help out those of you who still aren't sure of what to ask for or what to get for someone else. Obviously, most of these gifts would be ideal for girls/women who, like me, are into fashion and beauty. So let's get started!


 1  Instax Mini Instant Film Camera

This camera is awesome! We've all probably seen them around but, in case you've never heard of them, they are pretty much cameras that take small polaroids. It's the perfect size to carry around and it's super fun to snap some pictures while you're out with your friends! I think pretty much anyone would love to have one. ps: The tiny polaroids make great decor items!


 2  Headphones

Although many of us don't really seem to think of headphones as gifts, I think they're a great option. We all listen to music, right? So it's important to have a good pair of headphones. Frends headphones have been really popular, and I can see why with all their amazing colors and designs. However, they're a bit on the pricier side. Luckily for us, they have teamed up with Forever 21 to give us this version that still has the same cool design, but at a much lower price.


 3  Leather Jacket

Those of you who have been following my blog for a while probably know that a leather jacket is an item that I think everyone should have in their closet. It doesn't matter if it's real leather or not! The one I picked out to show you guys is a faux leather biker jacket from Zara and I think it's beautiful. If you really want a real one, you'll probably have to spend over $100 but it's obviously something that's worth it since it'll last much longer. However, if you're on a budget, faux leather will do just fine!


 4  Faux Fur Jacket

Another type of jacket that I absolutely love is the faux fur jacket. It is super in right now and there are so many styles and colors to choose from! This could make a great gift to that friend of yours that's a bit daring with her style. The jacket in the picture isn't the exact same one that I linked to (I couldn't find a picture of the right one against a white background) but they are super similar. Forever 21 actually has a huge selection of them, and Zara has some great ones too!


 5  Fashion Books

I'm a total book worm, so I love receiving books as gifts. It's even better, though, when the book is this pretty! The good thing about fashion books is that someone doesn't even have to love to read; they just need to love fashion. I don't own this particular one yet but I definitely plan on it because I love Alexa Chung. And after I'm done with it, I can make a little pile with a few other pretty books, add a little mason jar with some flowers on top, and voilà! I will have the perfect decor for a coffee table or desk. But remember, not everyone's taste is the same. Just find a fashion book that has to do with the person you have in mind. A few other examples are Mary-Kate and Ashley's "Influence", "Lauren Conrad Style", and Rachel Zoe's "Style A to Zoe."


 6  Personalized Jewelry

There's something so sweet about receiving something personalized. It shows that a lot of thought was put into the gift and was made especially for you. And other than the thought behind it, the actual gift is amazing too! My personal favorites are the necklaces with either a name or initial, but you can customize bracelets and rings too. You can even get dates engraved, which make great gifts to significant others. If you're on a lower budget, 9th & Elm has a great selection of personalized jewelry. Plus, use the code HOLIDAY10 for 10% off your order through December 31st! And for those of you who are okay with spending some more, websites like Jenny Present and Coco&Marie have some beautiful options as well!


 7  Portable Phone Charger

How many of you have been out on the street texting, checking your email, taking pictures, posting them on Instagram, tweeting, checking Facebook (and whatever else people do on smartphones) and all of a sudden you get that dreadful warning on your cell phone that your battery is low. It really sucks! Especially if you actually need your phone for something useful, like making a phone call or using the map because you're lost. I'm pretty sure everyone has gone through this at least once, so when these portable chargers came along, it felt like the best invention to me. You just connect them to your phone and go on with your day. Most of them will give your phone at least one full charge, and depending on your phone or the charger you get, you could get up to 4 times the charge. So that's why I think they make an awesome gift if you're not looking to spend much but really want to give someone something they'll really use. Oh, and if you're okay with spending a bit more, you might want to check out the adorable printed ones that Urban Outfitters has!


 8  Makeup Case & Kit

To be honest, I'm more interested in the case than the make up inside it but the fact that it comes with all that is pretty cool. I don't know if the makeup is good or not since I haven't tried those specific products, but the two makeup products I have from Forever 21 (lipstick and highlighter) are actually really nice. Regardless, it's a great case to store and organize your makeup (I obviously love the leopard print) and it can actually make a great gift for someone who needs a makeup starter kit.


 9  Travel Size Flat Iron

This is a great gift for the kind of girl who always either straightens or curls her hair (yes, you can do both with this kind of flat iron). The travel size allows you to carry it around in your bag, in case of a hair emergency. It's also perfect for when you're traveling, hence the name, because it won't take up too much space in your luggage.


 10  The final thing I want to talk about is this scarf from Heilig. My older sister, Priscilla, founded Heilig and my younger sister, Stephanie, has joined her and is now hand making these scarves. I swear I'm not just saying this because my sisters own the shop, but these scarves are amazing! They are super cozy and warm. I think they're a perfect gift since it's almost winter. Each piece is carefully handmade and there are various colors you can choose from! So definitely check it out at: www.etsy.com/shop/heilignyc






I hope you guys enjoyed the items I picked out! And hopefully I've helped a few of you with some ideas. I'd also love to know what are some of the things that you think make great gifts. Just let me know in the comments! You might end up helping me since I haven't actually finished my Christmas shopping yet!


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the ideas! They were really helpful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a polaroid camera for Christmas! They're so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That jacket is awesome. Great picks.

    Eea P
    www.eeapetrescu.com

    ReplyDelete

Instagram